Harold Pener opened Harold Pener Man of Fashion at 18th and Vine Streets in 1955. Son Barry joined his father in 1989 and helped expand the business nationally to 36 stores. Harold passed in 2004. By 2013, all stores were sold except one. Barry Pener kindly donated the Harold Pener sign, one of the few in the LUMI collection from east of the Paseo Boulevard in Kansas City, Missouri.